Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: women in management

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Dubzie165's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2004
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    over the past year or so I have been promoted into a leadership position and while I feel quite knowlegeable about my area of expertise, I find it to be a whole different set of skills and personality characterists to successfully provide leadership to people. I was wondering if anyone out there has a sense of what they find effective or helpful in supervising people. I tend to be more passive and less directive than is probably helpful. Oh, I am new to this forum. Hope to exchange thoughts on this and any other women's issues.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner coachjodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2004
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi there! This board is actually specific to women who have experienced Placenta Accreta, HOWEVER....I might be able to offer some support...I am also in a leadership position which over the years has proved to be very difficult, especially when you have to make decisions that other people may not like, ie: disciplining staff, etc. I have found that the best way to think about it is to put yourself in your employee's position......what would you want from your superior? Then think about it from your boss's point of view....what would your boss want you to do? From there, be true to yourself as a person and a professional. People under you should feel as though they are heared and appreciated while at the same time have an understanding that some decisions are going to be made without their input .

    Hope this helps!!!

    Jodi

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Dubzie165's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2004
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the reply even though I obviously got into the wrong place. I was looking for a genreal women's issues place, but....Anyway, I will be mindful of you feedback. It is a help and makes sense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •